Get Access for 30 days
Sign up to access all class presentations, Q&A discussions and recordings for 30 days.
About the Class (Co-Hosted with Orrick)
Storage is the fastest-growing alternative energy asset class, but the contract structures needed to assure financeability and mitigate project risks are not standardized or well understood. While storage is generally lumped in with solar, wind and other renewable assets, storage projects have many unique features that can create pitfalls for both offtakers and project developers if the most advanced contracting practices are not employed to mitigate risks, maximize revenues, and assure access to capital.
This master class will provide project developers, offtakers and financiers with an understanding of the state of the art in storage contracting, due diligence and what is needed to secure affordable financing for storage projects.
- Hear from utility and corporate offtakers what they are looking for in storage projects, and how that is affecting procurements
- Learn how emerging policy and regulatory drivers are impacting storage project development, operations and revenue streams
- Understand the key offtake structures being used now, and the potential issues with them
- Take a deep dive into the complexities of solar + storage projects, and explore how to best capture merchant storage revenue streams and handle the tax implications of the ITC for battery storage
- Delve into the changing landscape of EPC and O&M contracting for storage projects, and understand the technical due diligence needed to assure project performance
- Get the perspectives of leading financiers on what they are looking for in energy storage project
Ali Amirali, Senior Vice President, Starwood Energy Group Global, Inc.
Mike Berlinski, Director, Emerging Technologies, Customized Energy Solutions (CES)
Erika Bierschbach, Vice President, Energy Market Operations & Resource Planning, Austin Energy
Samantha Buechner, Director, Renewable Energy & Environmental Finance, Wells Fargo Bank
Shirley Chin, Vice President, Tax, Sunrun Inc.
Harry Clark, Partner, Orrick
Daniel Crotzer, President, Fractal Energy Storage Consultants
Josh Dale, CFA Executive Director, Project Finance, Rabobank
Mike Della Penna, Project Lead, Carbon-Free Energy, Google
Gary Dorris, PhD, President, Ascend Analytics
Louise Gibbons, Partner, Energy, Renewable Energy, Orrick
Giji John, Partner, Corporate, Mergers & Acquisitions, Orrick
Eric Kim, Power Resources Planner, Silicon Valley Clean Energy
Michael Kleinberg, PhD, Head of Department, Energy Storage Advisory, DNV GL - Energy North America
A. Cory Lankford, Partner, Energy & Infrastructure, Energy, Orrick
Michael Masri, Partner, Tax, Orrick
Daniel Nelson, Vice President, Tax, 8minute Solar Energy LLC
Kush Patel, Partner, E3
Steve Peltier, Director of Procurement, National Grid
Wolf Pohl, Partner, Tax, Orrick
Rohit Sachdev, Partner, Energy, Infrastructure, Orrick
Les Sherman, Partner, Energy, Infrastructure, Orrick
Eric Stephens, Partner, Renewable Energy, Mergers & Acquisitions, Orrick
Paul Zarnowiecki, Partner, Energy & Infrastructure, Renewable Energy, Orrick