Get Access for 30 days
Sign up to access all class presentations, Q&A discussions and recordings for 30 days.
About the Class (Co-Hosted with CleanTech Strategies and Sheppard Mullin)
Storage has proven itself a uniquely powerful technology that is being used to boost profits and solve problems in renewable energy and across the grid of the future. But only those who fully understand the rapidly evolving capabilities, costs and revenue potential of modern storage systems can fully unlock the potential of this protean technology.
A lack of deep understanding of storage economics and business models can prevent many development organizations from fully utilizing this uniquely powerful technology to optimize their profits on renewable energy and stand-alone storage projects.
Key Learnings & Takeaways:
Attend the Storage Business Models and Economics Master Class and get a thorough introduction to, and detailed analysis of, state-of-the-art storage business models and economics delivered by a nationally-recognized faculty of experts, including the latest on:
- Business models being used to deploy storage at scale, including strategies to work with utility procurements, hybrid developer projects, and community choice aggregators
- Key federal and state policies and regulations which are driving the success and failure of storage business models
- Evolving revenue opportunities in key U.S. markets
- Cost structures for energy storage projects and how they can be expected to change
- Analytical tools publicly available for determining benefit-cost ratios and returns
- Contracting know-how to structure energy storage revenue contracts to assure project bankability and manage project risk
Patrick Balducci, Chief Economist, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL)
Michael P. Dunnigan, PMP Senior Project Manager Potelco, Inc., a Quanta Services company
Alex Eller, Energy Technologies Expert & Managing Consultant, Guidehouse
Dr. Imre Gyuk, Director of Energy Storage Research, Office of Electricity, US Department of Energy
Elliot Hinds, Partner, Sheppard Mullin
Paul J. Kaufman, Partner, Sheppard Mullin
Bill Rappolt, Partner, Sheppard Mullin
Russ Weed, President, Cleantech Strategies
Ned West, P.E., Consulting Engineer, Energy Services Development, Southern Company Services