The Mid-Atlantic states are setting their sights on 100% clean energy, translating into gigawatts of further renewable energy procurement with mandatory RPS goals, carve-outs, and programs for solar, storage, offshore wind, and energy efficiency. States are also tackling “deep decarbonization” as plans to electrify buildings and transportation emerge.
While bigger procurement targets are great news, each state has widely varying programs and timelines. As turmoil in PJM unfolds, the economic calculus for new projects is shifting. Only those with deep insight into FERC’s rulings, the impact the pandemic is having on projects, the economic downturn, and how states in the region respond will be able to seize these opportunities.
Infocast’s Mid-Atlantic Renewable Energy Virtual Conference brings together top regulatory officials, utility and public power leaders, and developers to discuss the emerging energy innovation ecosystem.
Attendees will explore all the new opportunities and implications of:
- The expanded state and local clean energy frameworks and the rapidly changing market drivers
- The fallout from MOPR
- Carbon pricing scenarios in PJM
- Transmission and interconnection issues and solutions
- The current and future political dynamics
- RPS updates and state and local incentive programs
- The shifting factors driving economic development and business opportunities